Information you need to know about what, why and how do we use the data we collect.
What information do we collect about you via our online web browser based platforms?
We collect information from you when you register on our site(s) and gather data about you when you participate in our forum(s) by reading, writing, and evaluating the content shared here. When registering on our site(s), you may be asked to enter your name and e-mail address. You may, however, visit our site without registering. Your e-mail address will be verified by an email containing a unique link. If that link is visited, we know that you control the e-mail address. When registered and posting, we record the IP address that the post originated from. We also may retain server logs which include the IP address of every request to our server(s).
What information do we collect about you via our installable software products?
We collect a limited amount of information from you when you install and use our software products. The data we collect happens when an exception in the software's code is thrown, i.e. when something goes wrong, and only contains information about what the thrown error is (what type of exception) and where in the code it happened. The data is thus anonymized and contains no personally identifiable information.
In some of our products we utilize a built-in bug reporting tool. When you submit information filled out in the bug reporter's text fields you agree to the collection of personally identifiable information. When pressing submit, we will automatically gather information about your device such as operating system, hardware specifications, screen resolution and aspect ratio. Additionally, we will also collect a log file that contains information about thrown exceptions or other system prints, take a screenshot of the game view and grab a snap-shot save of the game's current state (all files created locally be the application will be deleted after the report has been sent).
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
• To improve our products as the anonymized logging data we collect from our products help identifies causes of bugs and crash issues
• To personalize your experience when using our online web browser based platforms as your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs
• To improve our site as we continually strive to improve our site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you
• To improve customer service as your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs
• To send periodic emails as the email address you provide (if provided) may be used to send you information, notifications that you request about changes to topics or in response to your user name, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
What is our data retention policy?
We will make a good faith effort to:
• Retain server logs containing the IP address of all requests to this server no more than 90 days
• Retain the IP addresses associated with registered users and their posts no more than 5 years
• Retain the information of a certain bug report no longer than 1 year after the product's development has ended
We will always delete personally identifiable information upon the request of the identifiable person of that information. If you wish to have your data deleted, contact us immediately at email@example.com.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our site. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Our site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If this server is in the USA, and you are under the age of 13, per the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), do not use this site or our products.